Shareholder | Minneapolis
Neil Meyer focuses his practice in the areas of business representation, commercial real estate and estate planning. His business clients span the gamut of start ups to established multi-state corporations, advising them on acquisitions, sales, and everything in between. Commercial real estate clients include purchasers and sellers of multifamily housing, commercial buildings, refinancing of properties and repurposing of shopping malls. Families and individuals have had Neil help plan their estates and protect their assets.
Neil believes that understanding the aspirations and goals of his clients is important to achieving a successful outcome. He views his representation of clients as a collaborative effort, and brings more than 40 years of experience to every matter he handles.
Neil recognizes that the practice of law is a privilege to be earned each day, and with that privilege comes a responsibility to give back to the community. Neil has served as a founder of and president of LegalCORPS, a non-profit pro bono organization providing business lawyers to microenterprises and small non-profits, and helped develop and lead its Inventors Assistance Program, the first pro bono patent law program in the country. He has also served on the Lawyer’s Professional Responsibility Board, having been appointed by the Minnesota Supreme Court to that position.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America honoree – 2016-2021
- Minnesota Super Lawyers honoree – 2007-2015, 2018-2020
- Minnesota Lawyer, Attorney of the Year – 2014
- Lawyers Professional Responsibility Board, Volunteer of the Year – 1999
Professional and Civic Activities
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Secretary 2005-2008
- President 2008-2011
- Minnesota Lawyers Professional Responsibility Board, 2000-2006
- Office of Lawyers Professional Responsibility
- Volunteer Trustee appointed by the Minnesota Supreme Court