We provide services to individuals in connection with ownership of domestic pets, including dogs and cats.
The representation includes individuals and organizations dealing with the following matters:
- Pet owners seeking challenging government regulations of their pet ownership, including limitation laws and zoning matters;
- Representation of owners of dogs who have been involved in bites or other altercations and are facing disciplinary sanctions;
- Representation of individuals who have been injured by a dog or other animal;
- Representation of organizations in connection with municipal pet laws and regulations; and
- A variety of other pet-related matters.
Some of the law successes in pet representation include the following:
- Obtaining trial court ruling restricting municipalities from limiting a number of pets in households;
- Successfully overturning Minnesota law allowing “breed specific prohibitions or limitations against specific breeds of dogs, leading to enactment of Minnesota law preventing “breed specific” measures;
- Successful representation of an individual whose dog was about to be euthanized due to two incidents that occurred when the dog was provoked by an inebriated individual; and
- Overturning Minnesota law that allowed sanctions on pet owners facing accusations without adequate due process hearings.